Thursday, September 4, 2008

Life for Lynn



No, Lynn is not going to jail.... but she did just have her second surgery for a brain tumor.   She is still in Houston, recovering but should be home soon.   They got all but 10% of the tumor and the good news is that it is treatable.  She will be going to Cleveland for her follow up treatment.   A few weeks back, we had a benefit fundraiser to help defray the costs of the trip to Houston and some of the medical bills.  I was asked to donate a piece to the chinese auction, so I made a special pendant.  I had Lynn in mind when I made it.  She is such an upbeat, positive, funny person that I put the "Live, Laugh, Love" phrase on the back.   For the front I created a design with the Bodoni ornament font for the lower case letter L.  (which could stand for Lynn or the other 3 words on the back.)  I cut the front design out and sandwiched a textured piece between the front and the back.  The front and back pieces were created with my trusty computer and a photo polymer plate.  The great thing was that one of Lynn's best friends (and a friend of mine) won the necklace.  She wore it the other day when we went shopping, and if I do say so myself... It looked great!

No comments: