Tuesday, April 20, 2010

More Dichroic pendants





I held another dichroic glass pendant class on Sunday. This time I followed the firing schedule suggested to me by Zoe Nelson from North Carolina. I fired the pieces at 1300 degrees for one hour. Thanks Zoe, it worked great.

The student's work is fresh out of the kiln. Mine is the only one finished. After brushing the piece, I decided it looked good with a matte finish.

Teaching is what I know ( thirty five years of teaching is hard to change.) I'm always excited to see the direction my students will take their pieces. Once again I wasn't disappointed.

But, I have to change my intro class. I have so many fold over bail pendants (from demonstrating) that I am getting bored. Time to come up with a new intro project. If mistakes are the mother of invention, then boredom is the mother of change.

No comments: