Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hey, it's a Ginko



Not far from the studio is a parking lot down by the river, under the bridge. I like to park there (it's cheaper and I don't have to keep feeding the meter) and walk along the river path (which is a really nice walk.) I've walked there often and usually look at the river or the ground (looking for snakes.)

This time I looked up and noticed a tree with unusual shaped leaves. I had seen this shape before on one of my texture plates and also in an advertisement of one of the new templates. I guess I never thought much about where Ginko trees were located, but hey..... they are in Oil City.

Hope it was okay to pick a couple of leaves (I only took three.) I rolled the clay over them, peeled the leaf out and made a pair of earrings and a pendant. The little leaf managed to make it through three rollings.

They didn't take a lot of thought or time, but I like them. (Sorry the pictures aren't the best though.)


No comments: