Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sleep well old friends


                                                                                            
Ever since I started working with metal clay, I've been using a brass brush on my freshly fired pieces; followed by a spin in the tumbler.

No more!  I can't tell you the last time I used my tumbler (my new magnetic tumbler hasn't been used yet either) or my brass brush.  Since I've discovered the polishing capabilities of the Flex-shaft the old tried and trues have been put to bed.  (They would probably come out of hibernation though for a class.)

Guess it's time to pull other new tools from my collection out of hibernation and see what they can do.  "He who dies with the most tools wins" has been my mantra.  Time to see what they can do.

No comments: