Thursday, October 4, 2012

Double Duty

A few weeks ago I was doing my stint at gallery sitting for the Graffiti Gallery.  Each session is four hours long and sometimes rather boring.  (And, considering the fact that I hadn't slept well the night before I was darned tired.)

The first hour I had several interesting visitors so that hour went rather quickly.  It was all down hill after that.  Usually I bring things to work on which I did.  But what I really wanted to do was finish reading my book on the Kindle (which unfortunately was at home and not in my bag.)  Darn, I was in the mood to do some actual reading for pure enjoyment.

So, I pulled out one of my newest books and started to peruse it for inspiration and technical information.  But much to my surprise, it wasn't like any other art jewelry book I've ever seen before.
Not only was there techniques to try and inspirational projects..... but there was a story line threaded throughout the projects.   I was treated to an enjoyable reading experience at the same time I was being inspired and educated.  

The book was Enchanted Adornments by Cynthia Thornton.  



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you aware that Cynthia Thornton's brother, Andrew, has a gallery not too far away: in Ligonier, PA?

Also, are you familiar with the Green Girl products? They are scheduled to be at the Bead Mercantile show the end of this month (the one you may finally manage to attend!).

Alice Walkowski said...

You might have told me before about Cynthia's brother but I forgot. And no I am not familiar with Green Girl products.

Anonymous said...

OK, in case you also don't know why I asked you about Green Girl in this context, you may want to check out

http://greengirlstudios.com/