Friday, November 15, 2013

Crosses for Flat Stanley

My granddaughter sent me "Flat Stanley" to take around for a couple of weeks.  Flat Stanley is a story book character who is flat and can be sent through the mail.  Her second grade class at Mother of Sorrow's school in Murrysville is doing this project.  Tomorrow I'm sending him on to the next person on the list.

Since I was away, Stanley mostly spent his time in my studio.  I was trying to make up for lost time.  He saw me working on crosses.  I had several commissions to do crosses, both male and female crosses.  For some reason I have continued to work on them



 Crosses are actually a little difficult to make because they are thin and delicate.  (I can't begin to tell
you how many I broke during the sanding process.)  Not so much the bigger crosses for the guys, but the smaller ones for the ladies.  I usually make my pendants three cards thick but I made these five to
six cards thick so they would be sturdier (in the dry clay state.)



I took pictures of several of the new crosses, but they didn't turn out. Here's one of the pictures that did.
If I can get some other acceptable pictures I'll post them too.


Some have stones and some don't.  But they all have textures.

No comments: