Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wide cuff bracelet


   Originally I was scheduled to take a polymer clay class on my last day at Arrowmont, but due to a family illness the class was canceled.  So, I had to make another choice for Friday and chose the Big Cuff Bracelet by Sharon Gillespie.  Since I already knew some basics about polymer, I was glad I was able to take the bracelet class instead.
    This is the bracelet that we made in class.  We cut out our rectangles and formed them on a metal bracelet mandrel.  The center piece was laid across the top of the mandrel and the side pieces were laid across the side of the mandrel (it was laying on it's side.)  I chose the orange CZ's to go with my ring.  
   We used the embeddable bezels from Metal Clay Findings.  I had used them once before and they curved the piece I used them in, but that didn't happen here.  (Maybe it was because the piece was already curved.)  My judgment on the use of the embeddable bezels is still out.  I was not able to curve the bezel over my largest stone and had to glue it in instead which is against my better judgement but so far so good.

No comments: