Friday, November 13, 2009

Good News, Bad News...... Damn It!

Damn It!!! There I said it. My daughter said it was okay. I don't have to be polite.

We got good news and bad news about the computers. Good news is that the old computer works. There was nothing wrong with it that the tech guy could find. So, luckily I kept the old moniter, keyboard, printer and scanner. I rushed home, dragged those all out of the closet and set it up. I got everything running (even after four years in the closet, the printer had some workable ink it.) The internet worked (sort of). Then I remembered why I got a new computer. The old bugger kept freezing up on me. What a piece of crap!

Okay, that was the good news, even though it didn't sound like it. The bad news is that the laptop is dead and will cost $500 to get it fixed. (Hope the Open House is good tomorrow!)

More good news though about the copper clay. First time I fired copper I used a two step firing which was mentioned in an eariler post. This time I was in a hurry (not enough hours in the day) so I did the one step approach... full ramp to 1700 and hold for three hours. It worked great. So, I did it a second time but fired for four hours as I had thicker pieces in. I won't know if it worked until I go to the studio this morning. About an hour into the firing I heard a crack, so I'm thinking there might be a problem If it is the piece I think it is, it was expected.

Oh, and one grandchild note. We just got a new motorhome on Monday. It has been winterized as we don't know when we'll get to take it out. My husband was showing it to my son's family last night and the middle grandson peed in the pot. Hey, that's what it's for right? I guess it has been broken in. Don't know how pee mixes with antifreeze.

No comments: