Thursday, January 7, 2010

Number crunching

It's that time of year and I've been counting every single jump ring and bead. (I'm anal that way!)

In some ways it's a good thing as it lets me know what I have. (Found some beautiful stones that I need to do something with.... a Peruvian pink opal for one. Lots of chances to do traditional bezel setting.)

In other ways, it's frying my brain. (Not that there is much brain left to fry!) But, I'm almost done. Now comes the transferring of the information to the computer. (I know... should have done it directly to the computer, but remember I'm anal.) My eyes are blurring. This is such a physical activity.

I always feel good when it's done, until my accountant emails me with questions and tells me things don't match up. I hate January (and not just because of the continual onslaught of snow.)

My new book "The Art of Enameling" by Linda Darty, came today. I'd rather be reading it.

No comments: