Monday, January 11, 2010

Tim McCreight Workshop

Yay!!!! Tomorrow I head to Pittsburgh for a workshop with the head Guru of metal clay, Tim McCreight. What a nice break in the middle of a snowy winter. It's a two day workshop on adding color to metal clay with a variety of mediums, like enamel, colored pencil, resin, etc. Tim is also teaching a Rio Grande Certification class the following three days. I really wanted to do that too, but the class filled up so fast. But, I am registered for the same class in June. Then on Friday night the local Guild is having a reception for him. He's going to make a little presentation that night too. Can't wait. I'll be sure to take pictures.

As I've said before, I love taking classes. I also think that anyone who teaches, should take classes. It helps us understand what problems our students may face.

I already have Level I and II Certification through PMC Connection, but each company's certification class is different and the more variety of instructors one has, the better.

The one problem I am going to have is keeping to my resolution of putting one item a day on my Etsy site. I'll have to put four on tomorrow or two tomorrow and three on Saturday. At any rate, I'll be averaging one a day. (Hopefully!)

No comments: