Friday, September 17, 2010

One thing leads to another



Last week I made a piece with beach glass, which I showcased in another post. Usually I fire the beach glass with the metal clay, but this time I tried another method of connecting them with wire. (Originally I had planned on making metal clay components to hold them to the backing, but that didn't work..... I miscalculated the space necessary to fit the metal clay pieces around the glass.)

This particular piece looked like it needed some companionship so I designed two more necklaces to be worn with it or by themselves. The patina on the original piece ranged from copper to blue so I focused on making the other necklaces with copper beads, clear beads to pick up the clear glass and green adventurine to echo the green glass.

No comments: