Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blog to book




www.sharedbook.com is a wonderful site to create a book from a blog. The division is called blog2print. Thought I would try it with my first year entries. There were only five months worth of blogs so I thought it would be a cheaper version to see what it was like. It ended up being forty eight pages worth. (Guess I'm pretty wordy!)

The book came much more quickly than I thought (within days) and I am totally delighted with it. I got the paperback edition and the quality of the book is superb. It is printed on nice quality paper and the pictures are great. A hardback version is available for ten dollars more.

This is a great way to turn an online journal into a hands-on book. (I started to print them out myself a while back, but this is far superior.) There is even a dedication page and a table of contents. A twenty page book is only $14.95 and extra pages are 35 cents each. 2009 is my next book. (As talky as I've been I better save up my money for all those extra pages.) And of course 2010 is almost over.

Well worth the money. Check it out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, nice idea!

Please remember to bring this to the next show-and-tell of our Western PA Chapter of the PMC Guild (whenever that ends up being...).

Thanks!
-cs

heatherandlola said...

That's cool! I had seen something like that before and thought it was a great idea. I will have to check it out.

Heather