Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Out of the mouth of babes

Between kindergarten and his summer day camp, Ethan (the former middle grandson) has come a long way. Tonight I heard him rattling off the days of the week, the months of the year and even the names of some United States Presidents. I was quite impressed. At dinner I wanted to impress Grandpa, so I asked Ethan to name some of the presidents. Barack Obama, George Washington and Michael Jackson. (Whoops!) He had it right earlier, Andrew Jackson.

He has always been preoccupied with death. (I see that I've mentioned that in several other posts.) Tonight he asked where heaven was. Not wanting to point to the sky, I said it was out there someplace in outer space. (Now I know that probably wasn't the correct way to say that but I didn't know what else to say.) Ethan knew what else to say. He told me that angels couldn't take people to outer space. They don't have space helmets!

No comments: