Sunday, January 16, 2011

My brain is a computer

On Friday I asked my brain to name a fellow artist from the National Transit Studios. This artist moved to a front studio across from me and it's wonderful to see lights and life over there. The studio has been empty for awhile and now I feel like I have company. She is in her studio quite frequently and we can see each other through our windows. At 9:00 I was trying to tell one of the other jewelers in the building this and doggone it I could not for the life of me think of her name. At 11:30 I finally was able to blurt it out. Swan said my brain was like a computer on dial-up. (I wish it was DSL..... is that what it's called or is that my grandson's video game?)

I was sharing this story with my copper class on Saturday (now that's a whole other story!) Ginnie said her brain was on delete. Darn! Is that what my brain's doing? It's hell getting old.

(The class was having a great time with the brain/computer analogies but guess what! I can't remember what they were.)

No comments: