Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's all out war!

I tried being humane.  I put out mouse traps that did not kill them and then they could be released.  (Although the last time I did that a hawk was watching me let them go.  Needless to say they didn't all make it!)

But this time they wouldn't crawl in those kind of traps.  (Well, one did and he was smart.  He now lives in the nearby woods..... I hope.)

We put out the snap type of trap under the kitchen sink.  I was downstairs when I heard it go off.  Gingerly I opened the door and there sat the darn mouse looking at me! He stared at me and I stared back. The trap wasn't even visible; it flew to the other side of the cabinet.

Now if they would just stay out of the kitchen I would have kept trying to catch them humanely.  But no they had to crawl across my stove and on my counter.  That's when the war started.  Out came the D-Con.  There's one under the stove, under the sink and behind the toaster.

Haven't found any dead mice yet, but every last piece of D-Con under the stove was gone.  It's just a matter of time!

No comments: