Friday, January 13, 2012

Sometimes, I'm just plain lazy!



My studio is a disaster.  But I don't care!  I've been in some kind of funk now for several months.  It might have something to do with my achy shoulder and knees.  

Yesterday (after getting an MRI last week) I found out that I do indeed have a small tear in my meniscus.  It's annoying, it's achy and affecting the surrounding muscles (not to mention the other knee which has been compensating.)  But it's not so serious that I need surgery right this minute.  I can get surgery if I want it or I can not.  It all depends on how much I want to deal with.  At this point, I don't want surgery (but that may change.)  So in lieu of surgery, I got a cortisone shot.  In a few weeks I hopefully will find out what is wrong with my shoulder.  (And maybe get another shot!)

Knowing what is wrong helped a little with my funk.  I was hoping it would change my mood dramatically  but that hasn't happened yet.  The biggest evidence of my funk (besides my eating everything in sight) is my messy studio.  Basically, I am not a lazy person (although I've never been known for my housekeeping skills.)  

Usually I consider "a funk" to be a bad thing, but today it was a "creative" thing.  I was working on making some "run over beads" via Hadar Jacobsen's directions.  (I call them slouch beads cause they look like the floppy socks.)  In order to keep their round shape, it was suggested to suspend them between two boxes and dry them in a dehydrator or with a hair dryer.  My box with the hairdryer suspended through the top was on the top shelf of the vault.  I was too lazy to get it and as I was sitting in my chair looking around the room I spied the radiator.  It had perfect spaces to suspend the beads and dry them at the same time.  (Lots of heat coming through today as the temperatures were in the teens this morning and the snow was flying.)  

At least my funk created a new drying tool!


1 comment:

Zoe Nelson said...

I think this is the time of year for "funks". You're not alone! Hope your knee feels better soon.