Saturday, March 24, 2012

A fallen woman

I have to admit that I've been on vacation (for a long time.)  Had a great time in the sun.  Got in lots of swimming (I'm tanner than I've ever been), golfing and lots and lots of shopping.  (If you've ever been to Florida, you know how addicting Beall's is.)

Our house here has a loft which wasn't being used this year, so I set up a metal clay studio up there.  It's a great space, I set the table in a position to view the television while I worked.  I've been so busy with other things that I only got up there a couple of times.

What I did do was beading (to try to use up some beads.)  My friend and I sat for quite a few nights working on beaded bracelets, anklets and earrings.  None of these pieces involve metal clay.  Now there is nothing wrong with beading, but I just never felt that's what I wanted to do.  (Basically I was being a beading snob.)  The reason I felt that way was the amount of beaded jewelry out there is massive.  Basically when I use beads, they are an integral part of the metal clay design.




These past few weeks my art has become a "hobby."  (I'm so ashamed!)

My vacation is over.  It's time to get back to work.  Time to get back to ART.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, yes, Beall's. There's one in the shopping center closest to my parents' old house. Yet another reason to miss them....