Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Making a dent!





My bead horde was out of hand.  It's been in my inventory for way too long and as I said in an earlier post, it was time to use many of them up.  That's exactly what I've been trying to do these past few days.   This time I have an assistant, as my friend Helen has been helping out by stringing and doing some designing too.

We've made a dent in the horde (but just a small dent.)  Nothing major, just some simple beaded anklets.  Now I'm not much of a bead artist (which is why there was such an eclectic assortment of beads.)  Considering that fact that I usually have a good eye for color, it's surprising that I have trouble picking out beads.  

If you've ever been to a bead store, you know how overwhelming it can be.  All those colors and shapes.   It's enough to make your head spin (which is exactly what happens to me.)  My daughter goes in and she can see in her mind's eye exactly what she wants to make.  

I guess I'm also influenced by my pocket book.  Many of the beads are expensive and I'm cheap.  Maybe someday when my ship comes in, I can head to the bead shop and choose my beads by what I really like.  Until then, I'll just keep working away trying to use up the hodgepodge and painting my toenails to match.  


No comments: