Friday, April 6, 2012

Too Damn Old!

I'm not talking about myself.  (Although there are times I feel like it.)

No...... I'm talking about my techno toys, my computer and my cell phone.  My laptop was a present to myself when I retired six years ago.  I'm a total Mac fan when it comes to such items, except when they decide to make them obsolete by introducing new "stuff" (for lack of a better word.)

For months, I've been resisting signing up for ICloud, even though I knew I would eventually have to do it.  Well, I finally broke down and tried to upgrade my computer by downloading "Lion."  (I could have sworn this laptop had a duel processor) but I got a message that the app could not be downloaded as I need a duel processor.  Now what?

My Iphone is a 3G and I suspect that it's outdated too.  I'm stubborn and refuse to buy new toys when the old ones are working just fine.

So, that means that my Allysart@mac.com account will be ending soon.  I plan to set up a new email for the business so keep posted.  (I'll be sure to post it here and change it on the blog......... and on all my business cards.  (That's going to be a long process.  Might be easier to order new ones.)

Pretty soon, I'll be obsolete.  But I'm not going down without a fight!


No comments: