Friday, June 15, 2012

Indie Fest

Tonight was Indie Fest in Oil City.  30 singing groups or individuals performed in six different venues on Seneca St.

An outdoor stage was set up directly in front of the Transit Building where my studio is located.  All I had to do was open my window to enjoy the music (and the view.  And the smells as they were cooking  hamburgs and hot dogs in the alleyway below.  I'd planned on waiting and getting dinner at one of the restaurants hosting musicians, but darn that smelled too good and I caved in.)


"Last Chance Louie"


Besides music there were other areas set up to serve food, offer painting activities for children and show people local business ventures.


"John Manders drawing caricatures"


The Forest Wood dance studio which is located on the third floor of the Annex did dance demonstrations in the street.  They also orchestrated a Flash Mob.  (Which I just missed.  Darn I really wanted to get out there and dance........ if my bad knee and shoulder would agree to it!)



"Forest Wood Dance Academy"



We couldn't have asked for better weather and it did seem like there was a good turnout.  I even had quite a few people come through the studio tonight.  By the time I was ready to leave, the band outside my window made it impossible to talk without shouting and I figured it was not a good idea to shout at potential customers.

No comments: