Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Better Late than Never

Oops, it's been awhile.  ( I actually think this may have been the title of last years first post!  Guess I haven't changed) ....... but HAPPY NEW YEAR anyway.

I didn't realize that it had been so long since I last posted...... but I do have excuses.  First of all it was the Christmas Holiday and I was busy getting commissions ready.  Those are a good thing to have since they keep me in supplies, but they do have a way of keeping one busy.

My other excuse is a sad one.  We lost my mother in law on Christmas Day.  She had been in bad health for two months and needed round the clock care.  My youngest brother in law lived with her and he did so much for her but didn't really want to have to do feminine things if he didn't have to.  My oldest sister in law had been going in both morning and night and for awhile.  Then we were taking turns with my other sister in law and going in at night.   We were going in Christmas Morning  but about a block from her house we got the call that she wasn't breathing.

My Mother in Law was a very religious woman and although we were saddened by her passing we felt that God took her on that day to celebrate Christmas in heaven with him.  What a great gift that was to her.  Now she is whole and healthy and watching over us, until the day we can be with her again.  And she is with the God she loved with all her heart.


My mother in law (left) with her older sister Marci.

Genevieve E Walkowski
February 16, 1921-December 25, 2013

No comments: