Monday, January 26, 2015

Happy New Year!

My oh my it's been a long, long, time since I've done any posting.  So sorry.  I have no excuses,  Just not sure why but hopefully I can make up for it (but it may be tough.)  I have many other things going on and metal clay is sort of on the back burner.

The Christmas season was busy.  God is good and I am very blessed.

Here's a few pictures of what has been happening these past few months.

In November I challenged men (and women) to give their love something special and from the heart this Christmas.  I challenged them to take the time and effort to make a piece of jewelry instead of buying one.  (Although the next best thing would have been to buy one from me!)  Only one person took the challenge.  Carl Lineman came in one afternoon for three hours and made his wife Linda (who  does porcelain painting and has a studio in the building. ) Loved working with Carl as he put lots of thought into his piece to make it  just right for his wife.  We finished in under three hours as I had him torch fire his piece (you know how men like to play with torches.)


Whenever Carl gave Linda jewelry in the past it was usually a heart, so that decision was easy for him. Then he had to decide what texture he wanted.  Interestingly enough after using the texture and cutting the heart out, he discovered that the pattern in the middle reminded him of the Dodge symbol.  He and Linda both have cars they show at car shows and hers just happens to be a Dodge.  So, he chose a Swarovski crystal that matched the color of her car.  How's that for putting thought into his gift.  Linda's a lucky girl and she knows it.  

  Carl had fun and said he might do it again.  He also said he would let others know.  Word of mouth is always good advertising.  Thanks Carl.  

No comments: