Friday, April 10, 2009

Finally!



  Well, I finally made something!  Since I got home from Florida, I haven't really accomplished a lot as far as metal clay goes.  Today, I finally feel like I'm back in the groove of heading to the studio and getting some work done.  

   Two weeks ago, I taught a class in making metal clay cones and toggles.  The next day we learned how to weave a kumihimo bracelet and added our cones and toggles to the bracelet.  (What I learned from teaching that class will be the subject of another post, later.)   I made a couple extra cones that day and used the longer set to make a pair of earrings.  

   The cones were made over the "Kreative Kone making kit" or over cake decorating tips.  The cake decorating tips are not aluminum so they are okay to use.  This particular set of cones was made using the kit.  Then I used the cake decorating tip to make holding the cone easier to sand and decorate.  They were decorated first with paper clay and then syringe clay which I sanded down to give a flat surface.  Adding a liver of sulfur patina really added the needed touch.

   It feels good to finally get a piece made.  It's been two months.  Hope this puts me on a roll.



No comments: