Sunday, April 26, 2009

I'm here

    Well, I'm almost there; only 138 miles from Gatlinburg and the PMC Retreat at Arrowmont.
Don't know if I'll have internet access or not, but if I do, I'll post the days events.  

     I've always wanted to go to Arrowmont and now I get to do metal clay there.  Life doesn't get much better.   

    Tonight there is a texture swap.  I made some last night in the hotel.  It was fun finding things to make textures with; a shoe, a chain, a paper clip, and a fish skeleton (a toy one.)  Think I'll have a texture swap party at the studio when I get back.  There is also a speaker tonight who will be talking about marketing.

   Tomorrow I'm signed up for a three day class called An Earring Extravaganza.  There will be lots of new and old techniques covered in those three days.  Thursday the class is on figure sculpting.  We'll be working in ceramic clay for that class.  On Friday my class was supposed to be in polymer clay, but due to a family illness that class was canceled.  Instead I'll be making a wide cuff bracelet.  I brought my camera, and I know that the pictures won't be the best, but I'll be sure to share.

   Wish you were here! 

No comments: