Sunday, April 26, 2009

It is! It is!


      Yesterday I was showing my husband my new ring.  (Which actually was a replacement for a ring I sold, right off my finger.)  He looked at it and said it looks like 100% silver.  I told him it was.  He said no, it's clay.  Arghhh!  If my own husband can't get his mind around the concept that metal clay work isn't clay, how is anyone else supposed to.  I think I've told him several times how the process works, but he keeps forgetting.  (I need to be more tolerant, I've got those senior moments too.)  Until it sinks in I'll just keep telling him..... it is!!!!

   
     

2 comments:

treasurefield said...

LOL! That made me laugh.
Husbands! ;)
I don't work with metal clay (yet); just polymer. I showed my husband a piece I made w/ a faux ceramic glaze technique and asked if it didn't look like ceramic. He was wowed and wanted to know how I did it. Trade secret, I told him. ;)
But I wonder if I hadn't suggested the resemblance, would he have thought so? Probably not.
Husbands! ;)

Love your work, btw. Was just looking to see if you come to the Carolinas for teaching...
Alisa R.

Alice Walkowski said...

Alisa,
Thanks for commenting. Those husbands are all alike!

Where are you in the Carolinas? My daughter lives in North Central North Carolina, and we come down often.