Sunday, June 7, 2009

Aquarius

  A while back I taught a class using Hadar Jacobson's technique of using a rock to form the metal clay.  A two card thickness of clay is wrapped around a rock and the edges are smoothed together.  When the clay is totally dry, the clay is cut all the way around the rock, removed and pasted back together.  

   This was my demonstration piece during the class.  During the process of sanding the piece, I broke off one end into several pieces.  As I was getting ready to piece them in, I decided to just seal the end up.  The piece looked more interesting to me this way as it suggested a water pitcher.  (See I broke it as a learning experience for my students........ right!)  

   I added a swarovski crystal drop for the water droplet.  Originally I was going to add crystal beads for the necklace, but decided a more earthy stone would work better so I used tiger eye beads instead.  There are a few crystals spread out through the beading to tie in the drop.

   Nothing ever goes smoothly.  Every creation is a challenge and often, that is a good thing.  (Now I  sound like Martha Stewart again!) 

No comments: