Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Who am I?



In an earlier post I talked about trying to find a "style" that expresses who I am. Without realizing it, I guess I have.

The artists from the Transit Studios are painting a car to put into the Oil Heritage Parade next weekend. I missed the first two painting sessions but was able to make it last Sunday evening. I told them I wasn't a painter and I'm not. (Although I sure did enjoy painting my share of the fender. I didn't want to quit.)

Anyway, one of the other artists, Swan Daashuur (also a jewelry artist) came by when I was painting. She made the comment that any one who knew my jewelry could tell that was my painting. My painting looked like my jewelry.

The painting wasn't planned. In fact I had no idea what I was going to paint on the car. My business name was the first thing, then the fine silver and from there I just started to paint. (That is most often how I create my jewelry.)

So, who am I? I am twining tendrils, neurons and connectors, swirling and blending organic forms that fade into each other. (for the time being!)

Other views of the car with paintings by other Transit artists.

No comments: