Friday, February 12, 2010

I am not a monster!


























Another movie quote, (I just love movies!) But it should say that I am not a painter.


Here are a few examples from my painting class. The individual face parts are in oil. (It is really hard to paint face parts without the face around them.) The girl's portrait is done in watercolor. (What a change that was!) All in all, my painting ability is equivalent to a high school ability. (Actually they are pretty much the way I did paint faces in high school.)

Somewhere down the road I'll share some other portraits I've done over the years. (Some I like and some are pretty scary.) But, faces are fascinating and I use to love teaching caricatures to my students.

At Arrowmont I took a class on making faces in clay from Vera Lightstone. (A really neat little lady.) We used red clay and made them large, but they can translate into metal clay. I have a piece I've always wanted to add a face to. (Now I know what I can do this afternoon!!)

Anyway, just thought I'd share what I've been doing lately.

No comments: