Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Inspiration

I was in Florida for the month of February. It was one of the coldest Februaries (this spelling looks weird, but the computer didn't highlight it.) None of my friends up North were very sympathetic though when I would complain. Oh well, it's all relative.

Flordia provided lots of inspiration for my jewelry, mostly from nature. (We saw a newly born baby dolphin in the wild.)

Another source of inspiration came from my trip to the Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg. I was there years ago but it has changed quite a bit since then. The museum is moving again to a new building and a new location. So the next time I make it to Florida I plan on visiting it again. Most people know Dali for his painting, "Persistence of Memory" with the melting clocks (and for his outrageous behavior.) But, he also did a series of jewelry which were on display at the museum. I've seen pictures of his jewelry before but there is nothing like seeing the real thing.

Anyway, seeing Dali's jewelry inspired me to have fun and go outside my box. (I'm so traditional!) I'll be back in the studio soon and I can't wait to play. (As soon as I do all that laundry and go through all that mail.) And, I'll share a photo of that baby dolphin.

1 comment:

Joann Wheeler said...

Welcome back! I love Dali, but have never seen his jewelry. I will be interested to see what you come up with!