Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Book review

Along with ordering my Trimline Canopy, I also ordered a book, Art Festival Guide by Maria Arango from them. They recommended it but didn't push me to order it. (But, hey it's a book, so I ordered it. Got way too many books.)

I had already ordered a book about selling jewelry at art festivals and a book that included a section on selling jewelry at festivals. Of the three, I would really recommend this one. Not only is it informative, but it is interesting reading (which I really need these days.)

One thing that Ms. Arango has in the back of the book is checklists; display essentials, traveling office essentials, just before a show and after the show. A couple of her recommendations for just before a show is to load up and rest up. Also, to read festival packet one more time. After the show she recommends to do your accounting for the show, file sales and expense receipts, send thank you cards, make notes on that particular show and rest!

That last recommendation is so true. REST! I was so wiped out after the show. It took me days to recuperate. (Of course having a class reunion the next weekend didn't help.) And today I was back at it, setting up a show for the National Transit Gallery. I'm artist for the month of August. Now all I have to do is get my studio back to normal (after throwing everything in there after the festival) and then I can rest. As if that's going to happen.




No comments: