Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Merry Christmas!

For the last few years The Western Pa Metal Clay guild has had a charm exchange during our December meeting.   Our meetings this year were alternated between member Barb Kaczor's bead Shop, "Four Directions" in Springdale, PA and the Wilkins School Community Center near Regent Square in the Swissvale/ Edgewood area.  WSCC is also home to the studio of member Carol Scheftic.


Our Christmas meeting was held at WSCC with lots of good snacks and beautiful jewelry.  My charm came from my Transit Series.  I made it a little more Christmas like by changing the Swarovski crystal drop to a red or green drop.  And I got a chance to play with my new Silhouette machine and make a little envelope to give my charm in.  (So far I've only played with paper in the Silhouette.  The grandchildren love it.... but that's a whole different post.)  



We put all the charms in a basket and everyone drew a charm.  The basket was brought around a couple more times until everyone who brought a charm had three charms.


I received charms from (left to right) Carol Scheftic, Sue Varolli, and Sharon Shepard.  Carol is a big fan of Hadar Jacobson and does a lot with Hadar's Bronze and copper clays.  Sue's piece has sparkly fingernail polish painted into the flower portion of her charm (very clever.)  Sharon included a CZ for sparkle.  

Over the years I've amassed quite a collection of metal clay charms.  I think I'll do what my friend Carol does, hang them all together in my studio to show them off.  

In case I don't get to post again before Christmas........ Merry Christmas to all of you (and thanks for reading my blog!)

3 comments:

Zoe Nelson said...

Merry Christmas to you, too! And here's to a productive and prosperous New Year.

Alice Walkowski said...

I wish the same for you Zoe.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Alice.

Here's looking forward to another year's-worth of blog posts, and more!