Friday, May 23, 2014

A follow up.

I'm finally following up on a post I did on March 2.  Finally finished the "beer cap" piece that I posted about.  Actually it's been done for a while now, but I've been in some kind of "funk" or "artistic drought" if you want to call it that.  (Although this funk has carried over into other aspects of my life.  Can't wait until it's over.)  Sorry but I've dropped off the social map for a while too!

So, here is my latest Beer cap piece. If I do it again, I'll place a CZ at the top.  (I kept wanting to turn this one and drill a new hole.)   


I did get some good news yesterday that I am hoping sparks my mood.  I finally am going to do Franklin's Applefest this year.  I've tried other years and did not get in.  I found out that bulk mailings are sent out every year when I'm in Florida.  And since bulk mailings are not forwarded, I wasn't getting the application forms.  

This year we gave them my cousin's address.  She contacted me the day she got the form and over the phone we filled out the application.  Then I emailed pictures of some of the pieces in progress and pictures of the finished pieces.  The Chamber told us to return the forms early as it was on a first come, first serve basis.  We were the very first form returned.  (Can't get any earlier than that!)  

So now I need to get my tent out to practice setting it up and get to work on some pieces for the show.  My beer cap earrings are one of my favorites so I think I'll focus on making a bunch of those with variations.  Hopefully that will get the creative juices flowing again.  (Lord knows I need something.)

5 comments:

Zoe Nelson said...

Oh no! I hope my "loss of mojo" was not contagious! I hope you snap out of it soon. Maybe the upcoming show will motivate you.

Anonymous said...

FWIW, a number of the pieces I've made with little jewels or other items dangling from the bottom got that way after I decided that the other end should have been at the top.

Though, sometimes, making a second hole for the "top" will do the realignment trick instead.

Not that I think this piece needs to be changed: those are just some ideas in case you still do....

... as you get ready for Applefest: I hope it's a great show for you!

Alice Walkowski said...

I am hoping that's what does it Zoe. And Carol, I have done the same thing on some other pieces too. Even to the point of just leaving the holes empty. Might have done that with this one except I do think I will make more. Maybe the idea of jewelry inspired from beer caps will be something appealing at Applefest.

Anonymous said...

And not just any beer caps: flattened-litter ones! Now, that really is "up-cycling"!

Alice Walkowski said...

LOL. Yes they are. I'm always looking down. Maybe I should hang outside the beer distributors more often.